Frequently Asked Questions
J. Torres Co. Golden Hills Community Services District (GHCSD) Solid Waste Collection Program.
- What is the Quarterly charge for residential?
$63.48 per quarter.
- When do I need to let the current trash hauler know that I am discontinuing service?
ASAP When or before your next invoice comes in discontinue service by the end of Month or quarter.
- When will I get a Trash and Recycling cart?
We will need to get a signed agreement. We will make arrangements to meet someone to sign and leave Carts same day.
- Do I have to take the Recycling Cart?
No you do not.
- What can be placed in the Recycling Carts?
Newspaper, cardboard, office paper (white or color), magazines, soft cover books, phone books, paper bags, clean beverage containers (glass, aluminum, plastic), other types of clean plastic bottles (detergent, cleaners, soap, etc.), clean tin cans and foil.
- How will I be billed?
You will be billed quarterly.
- How do I pay my bill?
Register Online or you can send a check to our mailing address or drop off payment at the J. Torres Co. Inc office in Golden Hills at the corner of South St. and Schout Rd. Our mailing address is:
J. Torres Co., Inc.
5810 S. Union Ave
Bakersfield, CA 93307
- What will the hours of operation be at the Drop-Off Facility on South St. and Schout Rd.?
The hours will be 12:00 noon to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon on Saturdays.
- What will you accept at the Drop-Off Facility?
The residents of Golden Hills will be able to drop off appliances, electronic waste and metal items (no treated wood.) Additional items that will be accepted for a nominal fee will be home-generated sharps, tires and confidential documents for shredding. The Drop-Off Facility will not accept regular household trash or hazardous waste/hazardous materials.
- Will you take credit cards?
Yes, we take Mastercard, Visa, America Express. (a small service fee will apply) We also accept checks or cash. Online pay if available.
- Can we get two trash cans?
Yes. The second trash container will be charged at $10.12 per month. This would be in addition to the $21.16 per month. However, utilizing your blue recycling cart for the items noted above may reduce some customers need for a second trash container.
- How do I get a free bulky item pickup at my house or apartment? .
Just call us at 823-4898 or drop by our office at South and Schout during our business hours to schedule up to 2 free bulky item pickups per year (ie. Chair, Couch, Table each would be 1 bulky item) We will also pick up one appliance per year.
- I have a question that wasn’t answered here.
Please feel free to contact us at 823-4898 and we will get your question answered, Thank you.